Personal Information Collection
You may have provided your name, company name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address and such other personal information (referred to as Personal Information) while filling up the contact form and ‘Get a Free Quote’ form on our website. The Personal Information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your Personal Information. We retain and process your Personal Information to enable us to provide our services to you, to correspond with you in the course of our business either as a client or as a business contact, to respond to your requests, or otherwise to provide you with information that we consider may be of interest to you (referred to as Purpose). Kindly note that it will be necessary for us to process your Personal Information for the Purpose, without which we will not be able to carry out the Purpose.
Mega Trend Advertising follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Mega Trend Advertising uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. You have the option to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Third Party Links
GDPR Data Protection Rights
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at online[at-]megatrend.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
California Privacy Rights (CCPA)
Under the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), among other rights, California consumers have the right to the disclosure of certain information to you about our collection and use, disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Mega Trend Advertising does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us at online[at-]megatrend.com and we will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
Privacy Notice for Applicants
As an applicant for a position at Mega Trend Advertising Sdn. Bhd. and MTA Advertising Sdn. Bhd (referred to as “our”, “us” and “we”), you consent to the use and processing of any and all of your personal data, including without limitation those provided in your curriculum vitae and any other personal data that you may provide during the application process to us (referred to as “Personal Data”) for the purposes of processing your application and evaluating your qualifications and eligibility for the vacancy, for contacting you, such as by telephone or e-mail, with a decision in relation to your application, and/or for maintaining our recruitment records (collectively, “Purpose”).
If a decision has been made not to select you for the position, we may retain your Personal Data to consider if you would be suitable for another position with us. We respect your privacy and will treat your Personal Data as confidential.
Kindly note that it will be necessary for us to process your Personal Data for the Purpose, without which we will not be able to consider your application. You represent and warrant that the consent of third parties (e.g. referees) whose personal data you have provided and disclosed to us have been sufficiently obtained to allow us to process the same in relation to the Purpose.
You are responsible for the information you provide to us and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way.